Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sixteen!

First I have to get the disclaimer out of the way. If you are one of my children, and reading this today it may cross your mind that I did not do a post like this on your last birthday...or the one before. I used to do them more. I could use that as an excuse not to do this one. I could say that wouldn't be fair. I could worry that I am hurting your feelings. I hope I am not. When would I be able to start fresh? Well, this is not necessarily a fresh start. I may or may not keep up the blogging spurt. I am enjoying it right now though, and Emilee's birthday just happens to be in the middle of it. The good thing about it is, although it is focused on Emilee it is just a small part of a much bigger picture, one in which we are all connected. Thank you for dealing with me and my imperfect journaling:)




Sixteen years ago today, the world welcomed Emilee Jordan.  I met her first....


.....but really, her dad was right there too.

Soon, her grandparents came along....


And some of her aunts....

Her brother and two sisters were not allowed to come into the hospital.  They had to look at her through the window.  Kaitie had just turned three at that time.  She was so upset that she could not be with me.  She called me on the phone, cried a lot, and sang me some of her sad, original songs.  Yesterday when I was thinking of this,  I told Emilee that Kaitie made me feel so sad to be away from her, and Emilee said , "But you were with me!"  I replied, "But I didn't know you very well yet." 


The next day Emilee got to start finding out what it is to be fourth. The kids loved her so much, in spite of a little normal jealousy.  Love like that does not always make life easy....





When I think of how the kids were back then, this picture works for me. Although there was an age span, they loved each other, and could co-exist pretty well.  This picture was taken in a tent in our back yard.  If I remember correctly, Ryan and Ally were happy to let the little girls in for awhile, and then were glad when they had to go and nap or something.

This picture of us was taken in my parents' living room. 


Emilee's first three birthdays were at their house too.  This is her third birthday. 

Here is Emilee as she left for school this morning....her first day of being sixteen years old.  We had our traditional 6:00 am breakfast party with chocolate chip muffins and a birthday banana.  She will have some friends over later, to keep the celebration going.

Though she is getting quite grown up now, I swear sometimes she still looks just like this to me:


9 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to one of the sweetest girls I know!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel so emotional! You and Emilee are both amazing! - Jana

Anonymous said...

Jana, I feel emotional too! Mom, I love this post, and feel no jealousy over it, only love for this sweet kid! And she still looks like that to me sometimes, too :)

-Ally-

mmg said...

thanks for the post. What an awesome group. We remember the day she was born.

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Emilee! What cute pictures! :)

Barb said...

You are so pretty. I especially love the photo of you with the new baby. You're blessed with not just a beautiful family but from the looks of it, a very happy family.

Anonymous said...

here on the official portal built a huge range of interesting articles: [url=http://strojdomsam.ru/dom-i-vse-chto-v-nem/remont-malenkoj-kuxni-sovety.html]ремонт маленькой кухни[/url].

Anonymous said...

Extremely helpful and informative post about weight-loss, thanks
for sharing it..This is extremely valuable tips the
best way to loose bodyweight because now days so a lot of people faced this problem.
that is not little problem, heavy fat individuals suffer
from disease like sugar, Blood pressure..

Look at my page best weight loss pills 2012 gnc

Anonymous said...

I skipped the A single Boston Fundraiser T shirt. Is it
too late to place an order in? I am from Boston
and would actually genuinely like to donate to the cause.
Many thanks.

Stop by my page - adonis golden ratio software download