Thursday, February 16, 2012

Disney 2012

My sister, Jana and I have talked for months about taking a trip to Disneyland with our kids. We finally did it last week. We went on a Monday and Tuesday, and my mom asked me if there was some sort of holiday. "Only one we invented!" was my happy answer.

Here is the group!





We hadn't been there for a couple of years, and I wondered if Riley might have outgrown some of  her love for the characters.  That is a big NO.  She still took her autograph book with her wherever she went.



Near the beginning of the first day, we went to Small World.  You can see the happy cousins riding along in front of the boat.  (The unhappy tortured cousin rode behind.  Of course no twelve year old boy wants to go on this ride!)



We made sure that some of his boat rides were really fun!



The girls loved Minnie!




These caramel apples were so cute, I told the girls not to dream of taking a bite until I got a picture.




They actually felt a little guilty when they started eating;)


We had a great time in California Adventure too.  I love this picture of my favorite action figures!


This is Henry and Emilee waiting for their first ride on California Screamin'.  They were going to be right in front!




This is one of my favorite pictures of the day.  Jana and Lizzie were excited for CS too.




This is obviously from a different time we went on the ride.  I liked seeing all the kids together like this. This trip was Riley's first time to try this ride.  She loved it!

Emilee was popular with her sister and cousins on this trip.  Everyone always wanted to ride with her.  I only got to ride with her once the whole time.



Here are my girls enjoying their World of Color picnic.  



Riley was excited to find some light up mouse ears to keep her entertained while we waited for the World of Color show.  The show was amazing.


Cruella de Ville was hilarious while she signed autographs.  She said a lot of slightly mean, very funny things.  However, when she looked over at Emilee she exclaimed, "I DO love your shoes!" 


Everyone loves Emilee's red Toms, even C d V.  I told you Emilee was popular on this trip.


Even I wanted my picture taken with this character!

(If Emilee would not have died, I might have started singing...."It's guys like you, Mickey...."  I just had to hum it to myself.)

7 comments:

mmg said...

How excited I was when we came home from a busy missionary day to turn on the computer and see THIS. Aren't they wonderful? Slightly prejudiced grandma.

mmg said...

How excited I was when we came home from a busy missionary day to turn on the computer and see THIS. Aren't they wonderful? Slightly prejudiced grandma.

Kimmy said...

Oh how FUN! Cute pictures too!

Nat said...

Best pictures EVER! I am seething with jealousy. But I know you paid tribute to me on Big Thunder so I can be grateful for that. :) Can't wait to see you next month!!!

Nat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love the post... so many fun pictures!!!

Ally

Anonymous said...

I would have sung LOUD AND PROUD with you and Mickey :)

CB